WISCONSIN FRESH FRUIT & VEGETABLE CONFERENCE (WFFVC) TRADE SHOW SPECIFICS
1. INSTALLATION, EXHIBITION AND TEAR DOWN -- The Exhibit Hall will be open for set-up Sunday, January 21, 2023 from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Monday, January 22, 2024, from 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Exhibit hours are Monday, January 22, from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. & Tuesday, January 23 from 7:30 a.m. to 12-noon. No display shall be dismantled or removed from the Exhibit Hall until the end of the Exhibit Show at 12-noon on Tuesday, January 23, 2024. If a display is removed prior to the scheduled closing, that exhibitor may not be allowed to return in future years. All displays must be removed by 5:00 p.m. January 23 unless prior permission is obtained from show coordinator. Any exhibit remaining on the floor after 5:00 p.m. may be dismantled and moved to accommodate another show or for any other reason. The Exhibitor agrees to pay any extra charges incurred for the removal of displays and to release Wisconsin Apple Growers Association, Inc. d/b/a The Wisconsin Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Conference (WFFVC) from any liability for loss by theft or damage caused in moving property of the exhibitor after 5:00 p.m. on January 23, 2024.
2. PAYMENT FOR BOOTH -- All booth fees must be paid in full and payment received by The Wisconsin Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Conference with the online order. After December 30, 2023, WFFVC does not have to hold space that is not fully paid. WFFVC reserves the right to rent partially paid or unpaid booths after December 30, 2023.
3. LIABILITY INSURANCE -- Please provide certificate of insurance for at least $1,000,000 liability. No Exhibitor will be allowed to set up unless proof of insurance is provided and payment is received. The hotel and its owners do not maintain insurance covering property brought on to the hotel’s premises by exhibitors and it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain insurance covering such losses.
4. REFUNDS -- There will be no refunds or cancellations received after December 23, 2023. Wisconsin Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Conference may cancel any exhibit space for non-compliance with the terms, conditions and regulations of this contract or for nonpayment of the rent. Further, WFFVC reserves the right to not assign exhibit space to the Exhibitor and, thereby, terminate any obligation of the Exhibitor and WFFVC under this contract, in which case, WFFVC will so notify the Exhibitor and refund any eligible payments made by the exhibitor under this contract.
5. BOOTH ALLOCATION -- Assignment is in order of receipt of a signed contract and payment, and in the order of preference, as stated by the exhibitor, or from space available. Wisconsin Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Conference reserves the right to alter locations of exhibitors or of booths as shown on the official floor plan at its sole discretion, if deemed advisable in the best interests of the show, or to separate competitors.
6. BOOTH SPECIFICATIONS -- Rent includes the 8-ft. deep by 10-ft. wide booth with draped backdrop and draped side rail dividers, a skirted table, two chairs and company sign. Counters, additional chairs or tables, electrical outlets, rugs, freight, storage, etc. are not included in the booth rent. The exhibitor is required to make any arrangements for equipment and/or additional services (including forklift needs) with the decorator service and assume the cost of same. Exhibitors should contact the decorator service, Wisconsin Expo (262-670-1300 or http://wisconsinexpo.com). The convention organizers assume no obligations for these arrangements.
7. USE OF SPACE -- Exhibitor shall not sublet, divide or share exhibit space with any person not identified in the Exhibit Space Contract without written permission of WFFVC. Distribution of advertising materials is limited to the area of each exhibit space. Exhibits will be arranged so that nothing is attached to the walls and no tacking or marring is permitted. Disturbing noises or other objectionable forms of attracting attention will not be permitted. WFFVC reserves the right to restrict exhibits which may become objectionable, and prohibit or remove any exhibit which may detract from the general character of the display. This includes persons, things, conduct, printed matter or anything of a character which may not be in keeping with the exhibit show as a whole. The exhibitor agrees not to interfere in any way with the ordinary use by others of any portion of the building or grounds. Exhibitor shall not obstruct the aisles adjacent to exhibit space. No booth structure or sign will be allowed which obscures adjoining exhibits or which projects more than four feet outward from the backdrop.
8. CARE AND SURRENDER OF EXHIBIT SPACE -- Exhibitor agrees it will not in any way injure, damage, mar or deface the building premises, furniture, fixtures or equipment on or about the Kalahari Resort and shall be liable for any such damage or injury caused by it, its employee, agents or other persons admitted to the premises by the Exhibitor, its agents or employees. Exhibitor agrees to quit and surrender the exhibit space at the time set forth herein, and to comply with the Kalahari Resort for handling vehicular traffic in and out of dock area.
9. FIRE SAFETY -- Flammable booth decorations must be flame proofed. All hangings must clear the floor. Electrical wiring must conform to local safety rules. No open flame candles or other open flame fixture, whether equipped with a guard or not, shall be used in any place of assembly. If inspection indicates that any exhibitor has neglected to comply with these regulations or otherwise incurs fire hazards, the right is reserved to cancel all or such part of the exhibit as may be irregular. Motor vehicle Exhibitors must comply with the local regulations regarding the display of such vehicles.
10. NO SMOKING -- Smoking is prohibited in the Exhibition area.
11. LIABILITY -- The exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Wisconsin Apple Growers Association, Inc. d/b/a Wisconsin Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Conference, its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, demands or suits alleging liability for losses, damages, expenses, costs and disbursements, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, and any other relief, for any actual or claimed injury or death to any person or damage to any property sustained as a result of the Exhibitor's use of or presence on the premises described in this Exhibit Space Contract, regardless of whether proximity caused by the negligence of Wisconsin Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Conference, its officers, agents or employees, unless Exhibitor can prove that such injury, death or damage was caused solely by the active negligence of Wisconsin Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Conference, its officers, agents or employees.
12. REGISTRATION & BADGES -- Convention badges for exhibit attendants are furnished and must be worn for admittance to the trade show floor or conference sessions.
13. FREIGHT -- Freight will be handled by Wisconsin Expo (262-670-1300 http://wisconsinexpo.com). The convention organizers assume no obligation for these arrangements and the exhibitor must assume all costs. Neither the WFFVC nor the Kalahari Resort offer forklift loading and unloading service.
14. OFFICIAL REGULATIONS -- Exhibitor will comply with all laws of the U.S. and of the state of Wisconsin and all local ordinances and all rules and requirements of the police and fire departments or other municipal authorities, and will not permit anything to be done in its exhibit space in violation of any such law, ordinance, rule or regulation. Exhibitor will also conform to rules and regulations adopted or prescribed by the Kalahari Resort.
15. Association Membership – An Associate Membership for 2024 is offered to exhibitors to join one of the sponsoring associations at no additional cost. Exhibitors should let show management know which Association they wish to be a member of.
KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS:
Wisconsin Apple Growers Association, Inc. d/b/a The Wisconsin Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Conference
Melissa Brand, Exec. Director
28520 7th Street Phone 262-206-8442
Burlington, WI 53105 firstname.lastname@example.org